[PlanetCCRMA] kernel source access

blindman jones erleichda@gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 05:43:01 2006

On 12/7/06, Robert Jackson <Robert.Jackson@student.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'm convinced that this question will have been answered somewhere, but can't
> find the answer. I would also like to add that I am inexperienced with linux.
>
> I need the kernel source for 2.6.16-1.2080.16.rdt.rhfc5.ccrma in order to get a
> wireless network card working but am unable to find it anywhere; in the SRPMS
> dir at http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/5/

The src rpms are here...

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/

You might not need to rebuild the whole kernel though, read this first
to be sure...
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc5/#id2983562
"Fedora Core does not include the kernel-source package provided by
older versions since only the kernel-devel package is required now to
build external modules."

> I can find the same kernel but with .rrt.rhfc5.ccrma extension. Is this the
> same thing, and what is the difference between .rrt and .rdt sources?

.rdt kernels are configured as PREEMPT_DESKTOP

.rrt kernels are configured as PREEMPT_RT

the difference, AFAIK, is the rdt has good performance and more
hardware support... the rrt has better performance but might not work
on your hardware. I think that is it in a nutshell.

> Thanks in advance,
> Rob

good luck!

--
michael jones * erleichda archiving * usa
shivering is the first step towards your destiny.....