[PlanetCCRMA] Ingo kernels

Thu Dec 7 12:24:01 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 12:42 -0500, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> Is anyone here using the Ingo Molnar RT kernel RPMS?
>
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/yum.README

I'm building my new kernels based on them. I have tried -rt6 with much
better results than his previous versions[*] and I'm compiling -rt8 as I
type. I'm getting close to releasing something on Planet CCRMA...

The kernels are now named kernel-rt-* so that the problems with
installing older packages are over (that is hardwired in yum with no
easy override).

You could obviously try them, it would be nice to hear other user
experiences with them.

[*] but the smp machine I was using to test previous versions died over
the weekend and I don't have a replacement yet, so I'm not sure if the
performance is better or if the problems I was having with xruns were a
result of running smp

-- Fernando