[PlanetCCRMA] Installing different versions of jack

linuxmedia4@netscape.net linuxmedia4@netscape.net
Sun Dec 31 15:18:05 2006

Hi,

I just upgraded from CCRMA/FC3 to CCRMA/FC5 (installed from scratch). I
was disapointed to find out that a bug in the (same version) of ecasound
(on FC3) with alsa now shows up when running ecasound (FC5) with *both*
jackd *and* alsa. So I went to remove jack so I could install a
different version of jack. It wanted to remove a bunch of programs that
I would have had to install again. So I just built a version of jack
into the default /usr/local tree. It didn't run correctly because of the
old version still being around.

Is there a way to just remove jack without taking all these (seemingly)
unrelated programs (programs like ecasound and stand along programs). I
know I could just reinstall the programs, but I have the feeling jack
will get installed when reinstalling one of those.

Better yet, is there unseen versions of jack that I can install from the
repos? I've read the yum man page and googled and can't find a way to
figure this out.

Thanks,
Rocco