[PlanetCCRMA] AMD vs INTEL

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Mon Feb 6 14:05:01 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 14:26 -0500, John Dey wrote:
> Roy,
>
> AMD has worked well for me.  I have a AMD 64 and would recommend
> AGAINST that architecture if you want a low latency kernel.  I have
> several AMD x86 and have used FC3 planet CCRMA and have had great
> support but none of my problems have been due to AMD.

    I switched from an AMD x86 to an AMD 64 and I'm having no problems.
Probably because I'm running 32 bit FC4.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744