[PlanetCCRMA] yum not choosing CCRMA packages

Tue Jul 18 18:08:01 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 20:54 -0400, Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:
> In a fresh install of FC5 I configured everything as stated in the CCRMA
> web page. I was able to install the kernels but when trying to install
> audio applications I found that yum is trying to install packages from
> the extras repository instead of the CCRMA, for example trying to
> install ardour I get this:
>
> Installing:
>  ardour                  i386       0.99.3-2.rhfc5.ccrma
> planetccrma       2.7 M
> Installing for dependencies:
>  jack-audio-connection-kit  i386       0.101.1-9.fc5
> extras            127 k
>  liblrdf                 i386       0.4.0-7.fc5      extras             26 k
>  libsamplerate           i386       0.1.2-4.fc5      extras            153 k
>  libsndfile              i386       1.0.15-1.fc5     extras            225 k
>  raptor                  i386       1.4.9-2.fc5      extras            174 k
>
> I commented "pkgpolicy'' in the /etc/yum.conf file since the beginning.
> Is this a normal behavior? Should I go ahead and let yum install the
> packages from extras?

It is normal, packages are migrating to extras (and I'm trying to track
the migration).

Just yesterday I found a solution for the kernel install issue (it
involves patching yum). Hopefully I'll have something "releasable" in a
few days that fixes the problem.

-- Fernando