[PlanetCCRMA] pure data and FC5

Mon Jul 24 18:11:01 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 09:43 +0200, ciccolix wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano ha scritto:
>
> > Pd 0.39-2 is now available for fc5 (but not yet the expanded externals
> > collection). It defaults to alsa and will open a stereo pair of ports
> > when started with "-jack" (it also can work with realtime scheduling
> > with the "-rt" argument).
> >

> many thanks !

Sure.

I've been trying to use the cvs pure data external repository build
system and it works, but amazingly it creates separate pd_linux
externals for _everything_, instead of creating libraries. So far I have
not found how to do that. Arghh... and I was trying to avoid to build
everything from scratch but it may have been faster.

> > Pd & jack still need a bit of work (as before). Right now pd
> > autoconnects to the alsa_pcm ports and you cannot change that, there
> > should be command line parameters for port names and whether to connect
> > or not. I think the needed stuff is there, there is just no connection
> > to the command line yet.
>
> an other interesting thing to solve, could be that when start pd with
> the "-alsamidi" argument, the pd midi client dont appear in qjackctl (in
> the midi section).

I'll take a look at that when I have a minute.
-- Fernando