[PlanetCCRMA] chrooted environment and X11

karlos k.gebbert@gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 12:49:01 2006

hello everybody,

I have a question concerning the usage of a chroot'ed environment and
FC4. The problem is the following: I have a functioning Gentoo
installation on one of my partitions and I would like to use it every
now and again 'in' FC4 for various things. Is it possible to tell this
chroot'ed environment to use my, in FC4, running X server? Is there a
way to specify to this environment to grab the already running
display? Has anyone experience, subsequently tipps and methods on how
to get where I want to go?
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Karsten