[PlanetCCRMA] nVidia video drivers

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Wed Mar 8 14:36:01 2006

Run dmesg and I'll bet you'll see some messages that look like this:

NVRM: Trying to sleep during raised irql!!
NVRM:   are we holding a lock?
NVRM:   skipping os_delay

The NVIDIA driver and the RT enabled kernel don't work and play well
together.  If you don't need to run 3D (I personally can't live without
foobillard) just switch back to the nv driver.  I'm just living with the
quirks at the moment.