[PlanetCCRMA] sndcard now lost when booting ccrma kernel in FC2

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Thu Mar 9 12:00:02 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 02:39, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 3/8/06, nigel henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > Mar  8 01:59:43 localhost alsactl: /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:930:
> > Mar  8 01:59:43 localhost alsactl: warning: name mismatch (Music Playback
> > Volume/Synth Playback Volume) for control #6
> > Mar  8 01:59:43 localhost alsactl: /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:932:
> > warning: index mismatch (0/0) for control #6
> > Mar  8 01:59:43 localhost alsactl: /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:934:
> > failed to obtain info for control #6 (Operation not permitted)
>
> It looks to me like possibly the /etc/asound.state file is set for an
> older version of the alsamixer stuff and Alsa is getting confused.
> Have you possibly tried removing that file and restarting Alsa? If you
> don't get the messages again then run alsamixer and see if you can
> bring levels up.
>
> Just guesses on my part.
>
> - Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for the reply. I messed with Alsaconf a bit, as Fernando
suggested, and eventually got both, soundcard, and usb midi keyboard working.
Finished off with removing /etc/asound.state, and apart from all being a bit
of a weird experience, all seems to be working ok again.

All the best. Nigel.