[PlanetCCRMA] FC4 kernel question

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Thu Mar 9 14:12:01 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 21:38, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> > Hi Matthew. That package is not available for FC4. You need to get;
> > apt-get install planetccrma-core-edge
>
> I re-installed my FC4 + Planet CCRMA yesterday and got confused with
> the instructions on the web site - again and had the same problem.
> Only after searching the list I found the answer - again. :) . It is
> obvious that updating the web page is needed wouldn't it be a good
> idea if it was migrated into a wiki instead of a static web page?
> The installation instructions almost barely mention FC4.
> --
> Hakan (m1fcj)

Hi Hakan. Virtually all of the instructions for using planetccrma apps on
FC2,3, equally applies to FC4. Documentation for anything could always be
better, and there are still music apps, KDE apps, etc, with no documentation
at all. Unfortunately docs usually end up on the back burner (Not considered
to be a priority) . Rebuilding packages for the latest release of Fedora,
along with updating packages for earlier versions, will I suppose, always
take precedence, compared to being overly concerned about the docs. If you do
have a problem, folks on the mailing list are always willing to help.

All the best. Nigel.