[PlanetCCRMA] two cards as one (was Re: PlanetCCRMA ...)

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Thu Mar 16 11:04:01 2006

<head>
</head>
Timo wrote:
  <title>Converted from Rich Text</title>
&gt;Thank YOU! Can I use this alsa config example for two &gt;different
sound<br>
&gt;cards for playback without the hardware mod? I just want to
&gt;have two<br>
&gt;sets of speakers delivering sound, or can I get 4 channel out
&gt;of two<br>
&gt;cards? Thanx, Ric<br>
for synchronisation. </div>
? Don't follow you.<br>
If you are sending track 1-4 out card 1 and track 5-8 out card 2, if
they don't use the same clock, they will be out of sync.<br>
How much it is noticeable to humans is another factor. If the piece is
long, then the drift will reach a threshold at which people will start
noticing the issue.<br>
Right?<br>