[PlanetCCRMA] Any news on Fedora 5 repos;

Sun Mar 19 17:14:01 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 10:49 +0000, Mirco wrote:
> Just would like to know if and when the repos for Fedora 5 are gonna be
> available?
>
> Thanks and keep up the great Work,

I'm in Taipei right now (in WOCMAT2006) and I won't be back till the
23rd.

I would say at least a week will go by after I return before I'm able to
even think about fc5. How long it takes to rebuild depends on how many
apps are affected by new versions of core sofware. In fc4 the change to
gcc4 hit many apps and it took a while for patches to percolate. We'll
see what happens in fc5... this will be the time to also bring up
versions to the latest on many many apps so that will slow the process
considerably if past experiences are any guide.

-- Fernando