[PlanetCCRMA] hardware query

Chris Howard chris@yipyap.com
Mon Mar 20 10:54:01 2006

I'm looking at building a simple CD burning station
for our church audio setup.  We have an old 600mhz IBM
running there now.  We do mixing from the mixer and
just feed this thing a stream to record and burn onto
CD's.

Right now the old box is to slow too do much editing.
So for this new box I am looking at getting 1Gb of
memory (and of course it will have a much faster processor)
so I can do some trim-up with Audacity.

I am looking at the Dell E510n.  My question is,
will the onboard soundcard be appropriate for this purpose?
Or do I need to look for an upgrade of some sort?

Chris