[PlanetCCRMA] Installed FC4 workstation tried to install ccrma 4 but a lib is missing...

wb0fhu@earthlink.net wb0fhu@earthlink.net
Tue Mar 21 07:12:01 2006

Hello all,
I installed a fresh, clean copy of FC4 workstation on my pc.  No problems,
it seemed.  Made no changes to the workstation install.  Then I downloaded
ccrma 4 via ftp, and tried to install it.  All went fine until it checked
dependancies, then it burped and said libstdc++ version 4.0.0-8 was not
found and could not continue.  I went back to the net, found the version in
an rpm for fc4 and tried to install it, after placing it in my root
directory from the CD I'd made, and it said that the file and version were
already on my pc.  Before I go off on a tangent, has anyone else had this
happen to them?  I did an 'll' on it, and and found that it was, indeed, a
different version (not the latest, but the required one), but can't seem to
make it install.  I'd made a cp of the existing version in my home
directory, just in case, and removed the symlink via a terminal, thinking
I'd take care of it later, but it didn't make a difference.

I'd have no problem doing a re-install of FC4, just in case something
didn't quite go right 1st time, but I've now done that three times...tried
the simple desktop setup once, and that made no difference either...

What am I doing wrong, or not doing that might resolve this?
Thanks,
Joe Fay