[PlanetCCRMA] FC3 vs FC4

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Thu Mar 23 18:42:01 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 09:28 -0500, Roy Vestal wrote:
> I'm building a new DAW and I'd like to know if FC4 w/Planet CCRMA is
> stable enough to move to. I'm currently running FC3 on everything
> (including my DAW) but since I'm building a new one and since FC5 has
> recently been released, I'd like to upgrade if FC4/CCRMA is as stable as
> FC3/CCRMA.
>
> I have a Delta 1010 and plan to run:
> Ardour
> Audacity
> Rosegarden
> Muse
> LAOE (java based editor)

    I'm running FC4/Planet on an AMD64 using Ardour, JAMin, Audacity
with no problems.  My interface (DSP2000 C-Port is envy24 based as is
yours).

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744