[PlanetCCRMA] Jack Latency with UA-5 device

PMG p_m_groarke@yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 24 11:14:02 2006

Is this hardware related? Could someone guide me to an
answer and maybe a fix? Should I try JACK mailing
list? This is weird since recording with alsa
(Audacity) is totally OK

> Hi everyone! I've finally decided to give ardour a
> try. It scared me off at first, but now I guess I'm
> ready for it :) Anyway, I've realised Jack has BIG
> latency problems. When setting things to 256 frames,
> 44100khz, I get 11.6 ms of latency. To me, thats ok,
> but when i get to ardour, i've got an extremely
> distorted sound. I've tried to change ardour's
> frames
> setting and it doesn't work. When i set the frames
> 1024,
In Jack
 evrything sounds ok, but the latency is very