[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [PlanetCCRMANews] fc5: fweelin, eca*, gamix, hydrogen, seq24 and more...

Mon May 8 15:17:02 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 23:23 +0200, Bernard Wanadoo wrote:
> Nice work Fernando, BUT I have surely done something wrong, for I have
> installed all your new packages, but I cannot execute any of them. What
> are the commands for yum or yumex ?

Well, something like:
  yum install hydrogen
should get hydrogen installed.
But you say you already installed them, right?

Most of them need to have Jack running to be of any use (the menu
entries for those programs that support Jack are now set, when
available, to run the program as a Jack client). I normally use Qjackctl
(yum install qjackctl) to run Jack, just start it, check that
preferences you want and start Jack.

"yum install planetccrma-menus" will also add a menu with neat
categories for the programs.

You can also start the program from the command line to see what it is
complaining about (if anything). Some of them just terminate and never
pop up a window with an explanation if something goes wrong.

-- Fernando