[PlanetCCRMA] success with fc5

Dan Easley daneasley@gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:12:01 2006

Just wanted to note that overnight I installed FC5/CCRMA on a Dell
Inspiron 1150 w/ Tascam US-122 with no trouble at all, and that I've
been running freewheeling for about an hour with zero xruns, which is
a real mindblower for me - not sure how much of that is due to the new
kernel, how much is due to latest freewheeling development, and how
much is due to finally configuring real-time/scheduling priorities
properly - I don't really care - it's just so cool.

Other than yumex, I used:

http://www.astro.caltech.edu/~mcs/tascam_us122/  to learn how to setup
the Tascam,

and an archived email of Fernando's to set up rtirq and PAM's limits.conf.

Thanks much to Fernando and Mercury.

pictures at eleven!

--
daneasley@gmail.com