[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP driver, PCI card detection woes

Roman Katzer klangmeister@gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 10:09:01 2006

I have a problem with the ALSA driver for the Hammerfall PCI card.

For a while now I've been using Fedora Core 1 systems with PlanetCCRMA
installed (no updates past FC1 for certain reasons).  I have 20+
systems working fine (I work for an audio company and we use these
systems as digital audio workstations).

Now with the Rev. 1.9 PCI cards, some (only some!) of them don't work
- alsaconfig detects the card and configures modules.conf, but
hdsploader doesn't work correctly (the output messages stop after
"Looking for Hammerfall PCI cards", no errors reported).  The error
light on the Multiface or Digiface stays on.  It doesn't matter
whether I use a Digiface, Multiface or Multiface II.

What really blows my mind is that some cards (even the same revision!)
work, some don't, but they all work in Macs or PCs running Windows XP.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Roman