[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP driver, PCI card detection woes

Roman Katzer klangmeister@gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 07:15:02 2006

On 01/11/06, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > I don't know.  How can I find out?
> I don't really know. Do you see anything related to that in the startup
> when you start from a "machine off" state?

Nope.

> Probably a question for the alsa lists... I searched in my linux mailbox
> and found someone asking the question ("how can I find which firmware
> version I have") but no answers, sorry. Most probably there's a way (and
> of course you could try the xp utilities if you have a machine running
> xp that can host the card).

I just talked to RME support in Germany. Mr Fuchs there didn't know of
a way to check the firmware version, even in Windows. The only way to
tell is to load the firmware update tool and check whether it says "up
to date" or not. So you can only tell whether the firmware is current
or not.
I'll experiment with that a bit.

Roman