[PlanetCCRMA] Nvidia problem and my first post!

Jason Russler jason.russler@gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 15:59:01 2006

------=_Part_46368_21151956.1162771116872

No, the modules need to be built for the specific running kernel and the
chances are good that the Nvidia drivers will not compile on a recent kernel
via their installer (neither ATI or Nvidia are very good about keeping up).
Some repositories (FreshRPMs and Liva) make the necessary changes to provide
compiled modules for specific kernels but they will not load on
non-distribution-provided kernels.  You may want to save yourself some pain
and stick with the open-source divers.  Or keep a stock Fedora kernel with
the Nvidia divers and a PlanetCCRMA kernel with the OS drivers and boot the
one you want.  If you're doing low-latency audio, use the Planet kernel.  If
not, boot the stock.

In short, and as far as I know, if the Nvidia installer won't compile the
kernel module, you'll have to do without.