[PlanetCCRMA] Easy Question - Keyboard / Mouse

M P Smoak smoak@mis.net
Sat Nov 18 08:56:01 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 12:46 pm, Bob Wilkinson wrote:
> Well, I'm finally setting up a dual core Athlon X2 box, and one
> rather seemingly simple question showed up - would it make more sense
> to run with a PS2 keyboard and mouse, or USB?  Does the USB driver
> take enough processor that it makes a difference?  Is the USB option
> actually more processor efficient than PS2?
>
> I guess I always just assumed that it was better to stay with the
> "old" technology PS2 keyboards and mice, but I don't have enough
> hardware and interrupt background to know that positively.
>
> Either a "Big Bird" simple answer or a college course "101" level
> explanation would be fine.  Come to think of it, the college level
> "101" answer would actually be kinda nice to know.
>
> Anyway, thanks in advance!

Bob,
Looks like your question got hijacked for 32/64 speculation.  I don't
know the answer to your question, but I'm interested in the answer if
you find one.  Please let us know if you find an answer since no one
here does, apparently.
marv