[PlanetCCRMA] Denormal problem with TAP Reverb

Ken Smith kens@kensnet.org
Thu Nov 23 16:55:01 2006

Hi, I seem to be getting what looks like a denormal problem.

The setup is Intel P4 HT, FC5 2.6.17 CCRMA RDT Kernel SMP, Ardour
ardour-0.99.3-2.rhfc5.ccrma
<http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/repodata/repoview/ardour-0-0.99.3-2.rhfc5.ccrma.html>:,
TAP Plugins tap-plugins-0.7.0-1.rhfc5.ccrma
<http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/repodata/repoview/tap-plugins-0-0.7.0-1.rhfc5.ccrma.html>:

The project has 3 instances of the TAP Reverb on three busses. If I
reduce the input to the busses to zero, by soloing something for
example, or by lowering a fader to zero, the CPU load pretty quickly
maxes out.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks in advance

Ken