[PlanetCCRMA] [OT] rebuilding hostap in 2.6 kernels...?

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Thu Nov 30 13:47:01 2006

hi, this is off topic entirely, so please respond off list if you
have any information. i am writing here because the planet-ccrma
distro is the only distro i have on my laptop!
i recently had to change my home wireless network to wpa, but my
laptop is old and has an intersil-prism 2.5 wifi card. in order to
get it to work with wpa at all, it needs newer firmware. the ability
to flash the firmware is dependent on hostap drivers being built with
the config headers allowing nvram download, but since kernel 2.6.12,
hostap drivers are built in - without this ability. i'm a little
stuck. downloaded the newest hostap source, but it says it can't
build for 2.6.  anybody know anything i can do?
Jonathan Segel                 4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
jsegel-magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite-yahoo.com