[PlanetCCRMA] FC7: Any plans for a repo yet???

Sun Apr 8 15:17:02 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 13:54 +1000, Nicholas Manojlovic wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 22:44 -0500, Renich Bon Ciric wrote:
> > Are there any?

Of course, no shortage of plans! :-)

> Just imagine if this Fedora Music got off its feet and we had a a
> semi-stable release on Fedora day 0?
>
> Was this ever the plan?
>
> I would love to see Ccrma transformed into more of a "distro"

That'd be nice.

It actually _was_ a distro in the fc4 days (full dvd installer that
installed fc4 and Planet CCRMA in one go). I have not done that for
fc5/6, probably will do that for fc6 if I find the time[*]. Supposedly
that will be easy in fc7 so that should be a no-brainer.

Eventually I'd like to move more stuff to Extras but in my current
situation that sharply reduces my productivity, something I can't afford
at the moment.

As for fc7 I think it will not be so hard to keep up as it was in fc6,
mainly because an rt kernel should be reasonably easy (it was not till
relatively recently that a core bug in the mainline kernel was fixed by
Ingo and made possible a working post 2.6.16 - or was it 17? - rt
kernel).

-- Fernando

[*] I'm working on a Planet CCRMA "theme" as we are moving to fc6 here
at CCRMA. You know, changing all the Fedora/RedHat trademarked images
from packages so that eventually a Planet CCRMA dvd spin can be made...
it is a lot of work - I did that already on fc4 so I sort of know what
to do, and I'm not actually changing the images (cheating :-).

Hmmm, any interest in having those packages in the planetccrma repo?
That replaces the DNA theme and related images and all the nice fedoras
sprinkled everywhere, for example, so if you are attached to those they
would just go away if you include the Planet CCRMA repo in yum...