[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA rt Kernel and video drivers

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 07:55:02 2007

Hello,

Unfortunately (some would say fortunately), the livna fglrx drivers no
longer build for the rt kernel.  There are parts of it, like the
preemptible RCU api (I think this is what's causing it), which are
"GPL-only" and won't let the kmod to build (since fglrx is not under
GPL)...  I think things like this have been solved with patches on the
module in the past.  I never have used ATI cards myself, so finding
and applying a patch has never been a priority for me, and so far
nvidia drivers build correctly and work fine.

FYI, here's the failing build message:

FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module fglrx.ko uses GPL-only symbol
'__rcu_read_unlock'

no such thing happens with stock fedora kernels.

Matt