[PlanetCCRMA] fc5 or fc6, i386 or x86_64

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Mon Jan 1 16:29:00 2007

> Hmmm, you may need to edit /etc/security/limits.conf, I used to have a
> custom pam on fc5 but I have not yet released that. Otherwise you won't
> be able to run realtime as a non-root user.
>
> See the hack at the end of:
> http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrmanews/2006-November/000047.html

I haven't gotten back to fc6 since the other night when did the test.  I have a bunch of plants that have grown into a jungle that I'm currently attending to.

Yes, the above was where I was heading at the time.  I had already modified limits.conf, but used the more secure setup that I use on fc5(using a special group for audio).  I think I may have to start with "*" and backtrack from there if it works.  I'll try to get back to what I did if it works.

On fc5 here I got a new Ingo-rt kernel and modified rtirq to get ready to test the new kernel, but it got too late to shut everything down and reboot(which I dislike doing).  Maybe when I get back from my next jungle cleanup.

Tracey.