[PlanetCCRMA] Audio interface for laptop on FC5/CCRMA system

Eric Princen eprincen@boatertalk.com
Thu Jan 4 13:46:01 2007

I'm also curious about this. Can people post some experiences they have
had with PCMCIA interfaces? Here are some current ones I found. Any
positive comments on any of these or any others?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/category/c709

Any of the firewire or USB interfaces work really well? I have a M-Audio
ProjectMix I/O that I have to go to windows to use (switching to Mac
soon,) and I'd love to be able to use it with my linux laptop. I've been
told not to hold my breath. :-) I have a Tascam US-122, and it doesn't
work all that well. I can record... for a while before jack checks out,
but I can't play anything back. That's probably all user error, but it
just doesn't seem stable.