[PlanetCCRMA] artsd starting up and blocking Jack?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Sun Jan 7 13:10:01 2007

Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it normal to have Artsd running and blocking Jackd all the time? To
> get anything going, I have to kill artsd and then start jack (via
> qjackctl) which gets annoying after a while.

if you run on a recent kde, which i assume you are, I'll suggest you
setting your QjackCtl/Setup/Options as follows:

 [x] Execute script on Startup:
       artsshell -q terminate
 [x] Execute script after Startup:
       artsd -F 4 -S 4096 -a jack -m artsmessage -c drkonqi -l 3 -f &
 [x] Execute script on Shutdown:
       artsshell -q terminate
 [x] Execute script after Startup:
       killall artsd

this will make all aRTs applications slave to jackd, so you'll have the
extra bonus and best of both worlds. as a workaround it has been working
for me for quite some years ;)

Cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela