[PlanetCCRMA] New laptop and FC6+CCRMA: Jack stops all by itself?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:35:02 2007

------=_Part_59158_17410180.1168983290780

This exact thing was happening to me for a while and I couldn't tell why,
but then I found the answer was relatively akin to "it's plugged in,
right?"  I'm sure you have checked this, but are you specifically starting
jackd from qjackctl with the Realtime parameter checked?  Just thought I'd
mention it in case you haven't tried it.

> More experimentation.
> >Are you able to hear sound from other apps when not using jack?
>
> For all that matters, Amarok plays the ogg files perfectly fine with
> Xine engine - at least my ears can't detect any clicks, neither ogg123
> using artsd has any problems with the same files, no clicks... I am
> puzzled. I also streamed about 20 ogg files simulaneously, creating a
> nice cacophony but no clicks I can distinguish! :)

------=_Part_59158_17410180.1168983290780

This exact thing was happening to me for a while and I couldn't tell
why, but then I found the answer was relatively akin to "it's plugged
in, right?"  I'm sure you have checked this, but are you
specifically starting jackd from qjackctl with the Realtime parameter
checked?&nbsp; Just thought I&#39;d mention it in case you haven&#39;t tried it.<br>

------=_Part_59158_17410180.1168983290780--