[PlanetCCRMA] Re: New laptop and FC6+CCRMA: Jack stops all by itself?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl@gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 07:33:01 2007

------=_Part_68249_18183512.1169047966546

Another thing to consider trying is to change the "Interface" setting from
"default" to "hw:0," or whichever one looks like it corresponds to your
soundcard (to see names, click the little " > " button to the right of the
interface setting in qjackctl).  Sometimes the linux installer has a funny
idea of which device should be the default sound interface; sometimes it
will find two or three things on your system you wouldn't consider an audio
device --  I've even had it choose a dialup modem as the default audio
device.  You can configure hw:* device order in /etc/modprobe.conf.

->

Don't forgetting that I'm clueless, (I have jack with Qjackctl working
on my desktop fine but I didn't have to do any fiddling around there
:*) ) I can't find this parameter editable (greyed out) and it is
*checked.

In the settings menu I have the following:
Frames/period:1024
sample rate: 48000 (I tried lower rates but it didn't make a difference)
Periods/buffer: 4
Port maximum:128
Timeout: 500
Interface: default
Dither: none
Audio: Duplex
Input/output devices: default
input/output channels: 0
Input/output latency: 0

Cheers,
--
Hakan (m1fcj)

<-

------=_Part_68249_18183512.1169047966546

Another thing to consider trying is to change the &quot;Interface&quot; setting from &quot;default&quot; to &quot;hw:0,&quot; or whichever one looks like it corresponds to your soundcard (to see names, click the little &quot; &gt; &quot; button to the right of the interface setting in qjackctl).&nbsp; Sometimes the linux installer has a funny idea of which device should be the default sound interface; sometimes it will find two or three things on your system you wouldn&#39;t consider an audio device --&nbsp; I&#39;ve even had it choose a dialup modem as the default audio device.&nbsp; You can configure hw:* device order in /etc/modprobe.conf.

------=_Part_68249_18183512.1169047966546--