[PlanetCCRMA] nvidia with rrt kernel

Robert Jackson Robert.Jackson@student.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 12:19:02 2007

I've searched the archives to try and get the nvidia supplied graphics driver
"nvidia.ko" working with the 2.6.16-1.rrt kernel on FC5, and from what I
gather, if the nvidia installer will build a driver, it may work. When I have
built the module, I have had no errors, and the driver has been loaded and
worked fine the first time I have loaded X.

However, once restarted, the driver is not loaded, with the error
Module "nvidia.ko" not found
Disabling nvidia-glx

despite patching it according to

In short, my question is:
a) is it possible (i.e. has anyone managed) to run the nvidia module on
planetCCRMA rrt kernel?
b) has anyone suffered the problem I've got, and overcome it; or has anyone else
any suggestions as to how to get it working?

Thanks in advance, and I know this is the sort of thing that will have been
asked before, but nothing on search!
Rob