[PlanetCCRMA] alsa_pcm , all audioo inputs missing?

sara lidgey slidgey@yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 1 19:47:01 2007

--0-511829450-1183344386=:29789

Hi All,

I use Fedora Core 5 (2.6.16-1.2080.16.rrt.rhfc5.ccrmasmp) with an M-Audio Delta 1010 and most often use jack + ardour for my audio workstation.  Its been while since I've recorded anything, though I play back audio every day.  Anyway... today when I went to record I found that there are no alsa_pcm readable clients in Jack patch bay.  This has never happened to me before.  When I try to record something with Audacity (without Jack) I get the same problem; no input options.  Audacity records silence without complaining.
Nothing looks out of order with Envy24Control or command line alsamixer.
Does anyone have advice about what might be happening and how to fix it?
I know for sure its not Hardware related.
Thanks!

All new Yahoo! Mail
--0-511829450-1183344386=:29789

<hr size=1>Get news delivered. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page.
--0-511829450-1183344386=:29789--