[PlanetCCRMA] fc6/7: new rt kernel; fc6/7: updated libgig

Thu Jul 5 23:03:00 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 22:27 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 21:26 -0500, grae wrote:
> > Hi Fernando,
> >
> > I had some issues before trying to run firewire on fc7 and they were
> > resolved by installing a libavc1394 and libraw1394 from
> > ezplanet-updates repo.
> >
> > After installing this new kernel my firewire again does not work with
> > the same error message as before:
> >
> > "Ieee1394Service::initialize: Could not get 1394 handle: No such file
> > or directory
> > Is ieee1394 and raw1394 driver loaded?"
>
> Hmmm, sorry to hear about this happening again.
>
> The new kernel does not have any differences in terms of firewire
> support, I'm still using the old firewire stack.

I did the following in my laptop:

- I am running the new rt19 kernel, of course (i686)
- rebuilt the libraw1394 and libavc1394 libraries in my build server
- installed them
- /sbin/modprobe raw1394
- installed kino from livna
- plugged in my dv camera
- started kino and it was able to recognize the camera and record

I don't know if this is good news or bad news :-(
(because it is not working for you)
Maybe I should reboot and start from scratch to see if that makes a
difference.

Most probably I'll release the new packages tomorrow. But then of course
the machine becomes incompatible (in terms of firewire) with the stock
Fedora kernels.

"May you live in interesting times"[*]
-- Fernando

[*] apparently an ancient chinese curse?