[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #2074 - 10 msgs

Randy Winchester randy@MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 16 13:38:06 2007

> Well I was only trying to give a bit of help to the OP that wanted to install
> Tapeutape, and havn't experienced Lash before, but anyway, this is what I get
> from the nslookup.
>
> $ nslookup localhost
> Server:         213.36.80.1
> Address:        213.36.80.1#53
>
> ** server can't find localhost: NXDOMAIN
>
> Looking though directly in the /etc/hosts file I see this.
>
> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> # that require network functionality will fail.
> 127.0.0.1  localhost.localdomain localhost
> ::1  localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
>
> So that appears ok.
>
> Nigel.

Nigel,

I seem to recall that it's the IPv6 line in /etc/hosts that causes
confusion with lash.  You might try commenting out the line

::1  localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

  and rebooting.

--

/Randy Winchester <randy@mit.edu>/

/Internet2 Content Delivery SIG Co-chair/

/Team Leader, MIT Cable Television, http://web.mit.edu/mitcable/

/MIT 9-050, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA  02139/

/Office: 617-253-7431, Fax: 617-253-8000/