[PlanetCCRMA] Error 404 when trying to upgrade FC6 to F7

Tue Jul 17 09:59:04 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 10:53 +0100, Joe Curtis wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to upgrade my planetccrma installation from FC6 to F7. I
> originally had a new build FC5 installation which I upgraded (to
> preserve data, programs and settings) to FC6 and ran successfully for a
> few months In attempting to do the same operation with F7 I am getting
> the following error:-
>
> [root@fedora5 ~]# yum install planetccrma-core
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
> 00:00
> primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================| 3.8 MB
> 00:33
> vlc                       100% |=========================|  951 B
> 00:00
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/extras/7/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:10:55 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
> Vary: accept-language
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
> Connection: close
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: planetextras
>
> Am I missing something obvious?

"Extras" no longer exists as a separate entity, it was merged into what
used to be the "Core" part of Fedora. So you should comment out that
repository in your configuration files. The initial distro is in the
"Everthing" branch of releases and updates come from the updates
repository.

This package contains the right repos for f7:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/7/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.0-3.fc7.ccrma.noarch.rpm

-- Fernando