[PlanetCCRMA] f7: jack/alsa crackle w/ cardbus and hdsp multiface- fixed

Scott Davidson jsd_290@fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 19 21:25:02 2007

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Scott Davidson wrote:
>>
>> Anyways, I will try disabling devices one-by-one this weekend, and if
>> that doesn't help, I'll probably try building an older kernel.
>
> You could download and install (with "rpm -ivh", _not_ '-Uvh') the old fc5 kernel. Hmmm, most probably it will not work as the configuration of the disk subsystem has changed a lot between fc6 and fc7.
>
> I don't know what would be the best way to report this to lkml...
> -- Fernando

Ugh, I should've tried this much earlier: switching the alsa sampling
rate to 44100 fixed the glitches/crackles. 48000 is still broken, but at
least I can make music now. Not sure if this is a problem in the hdsp
driver? Isn't it supposed to automatically synch to the alsa sampling
rate? For the record, hdspconf was showing 48.0 kHz in the "System
Clock" and "Sample Clock Source" fields when running jack/alsa at 48kHz,
as it should.

Prior the that discovery, I had tried booting without radeon, dri,
firewire, ethernet, and wireless with no luck (all sharing IRQ10),
although I never got around to building an older kernel.

Anyways, thanks for all your help Fernando.
-Scott

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different…