[PlanetCCRMA] avrgcc avr-binutils

Juan I Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jun 5 15:02:01 2007

Hi,

While using the standard Pascal Stang's Makefiles for compiling AvrMINI
programs on FC-6, I am getting the following error:

avr-objcopy: there are no sections to be copied!
avr-objcopy: --change-section-lma .eeprom=0x00000000 never used
make: *** [flash.eep] Error 1

I am using:

avr-gcc-4.1.2-4.fc6
avr-libc-1.2.3-1.fc6.ccrma
avrdude-5.3.1-5.fc6
avr-binutils-2.17-3.fc6

For what I have googled, it seems that there is bug in avr-objcopy which
triggers an error message when eeprom is not used. However what they
claim is that this shouldn't be an error because it is just a compiler
warning.

I don't get the same error on PlanetCCRMA's FC4. In fact I get no errors
with the same code

On several AVR web pages I also read that this bug might be fixed in
avrgcc, avr-binutils newer versions. Has anyone seen or fixed this
issue?

  Thanks!

  --* Juan Reyes