[PlanetCCRMA] installing Gem on FC5

Thu Mar 1 17:13:01 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 19:48 -0500, nathaniel bartlett wrote:
> I'm having problems installing Gem. (Planet CCRMA FC5)
>
> When I * yum install pd-extended-extra * it doesn't finish installing
> due to dependencies.
>
> When I * try yum install pd-gem * it works, but then PD can't load Gem
> due to a missing libavformat.so.50
>
> There is a cryptic post on the CCRMA list from Oct 24 2006 about the
> dependencies being available at a "repository that cannot be mentioned"
>
> I'm too new to Planet CCRMA to know what this is!

Sorry for being cryptic... but I think you already have the repository
(it's livna), otherwise you would not have been able to install the
packages at all.

Having said that... I think there is currently a problem with one of the
dependencies, the current libavformat version number is 51, not 50... I
need to rebuild pd-extended to take that into account.

-- Fernando