[PlanetCCRMA] Alsa Modular Synth

Wed Mar 7 14:08:01 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 20:22 +0100, Frode Petersen wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano skrev:
> > I could not get proper dependencies for the required plugins to work on
> > fc6 (I wanted to have it depend on the .so of the plugins it needs, not
> > on the names of the plugin collections themselves which were about to
> > change), and I never had the time to fix that.
> >
> > If you need ams I'll try to do a release today with the old dependencies
> > (after trying out again with the .so stuff)... ams does work, just a
> > matter of better packaging...
>
> I just wanted to try it out, so there's no hurry. :-)

I just tested again and something must have changed in yum or the
undelying libraries because it appears to work fine (the .so deps), so
it is now par of the repo...

> Have anyone tried Bristol btw? (vintage synth emulator)

Yep, briefly, very very nice.

I just added it to the fc5/fc6 repos (only tested on fc6 i386). I did
not add a menu entry for it as it starts several processes and there is
no way of cleanly exiting all of them from the GUI (that I could see).
If you type "bristol -help" you should get some help - that help is
missing the "-jack" option which is the one I used.

I tried (for example) "bristol -jack -2600" and got a nice ARP2600
replica ... ohhhhh ... :-)

-- Fernando