[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA x86_64 and Adour/Ardour2 XRuns

Aapo Romu aapo.romu@eficode.fi
Sat Mar 10 12:38:01 2007

Hi and thanks for the answer

I updated from the yum the new planetccrma-core package and forced back
the original pam package. I'm not sure if that was the right way to do
it or should I try a fresh install again?

The xruns are still there and I'm not sure what is causing them. I tried
to lower the latency by increasing the periods in qjackctl and went as
up as 2048 giving the latency of 85.3ms that did not help the situation.
Still when the playback is stopped from ardour the xruns start to flow
and ardour is taking up all of the processor. That happens only after
the first stop of the playback and goes away when I exit Ardour.

The snd-via82xx module is reappeared in the modules.conf so I'll have to
figure out how the disable the integrated card for good since I really
don't need it. It is already disabled in the BIOS but that does not
help. For some reason the FC5 didn't detect it that was fine.

Thank you again!-)

BR:
  Aapo