[PlanetCCRMA] Need help with MadWifi and rt kernel

wb0fhu@earthlink.net wb0fhu@earthlink.net
Wed Mar 21 23:40:02 2007

------=_NextPart_205011223192063856505

After a fresh install of FC6, I had my wifi going by downloading and installing madwifi, and it was running quite well.  But after installing the RT kernel, and what I believe is the source code for it, I couldn't get it running.  My trouble is that even though I added in the location of the source, per instructions (since it was a different kernel), it didn't seem to find it when I tried the make.  I had already tried make clean, and that didn't seem to complete properly.  Any ideas?  Atheros chipset in a Belkin desktop wifi card, using the latest source code for MadWifi.  I have seen some other distributions that include MadWifi.  Is there a chance that FC might do that, too?

Thanks,
Joe

wb0fhu@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.
------=_NextPart_205011223192063856505

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16414" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV><STRONG>After a fresh install of FC6, I had my wifi going by downloading and installing madwifi, and it was running quite well.&nbsp; But after installing the RT kernel, and what I believe is the source code for it, I couldn't get it running.&nbsp; My trouble is that even though I added in the location of the source, per instructions&nbsp;(since it was a different kernel), it didn't seem to find it when I tried the make.&nbsp; I had already tried make clean, and that didn't seem to complete properly.&nbsp; Any ideas?&nbsp; Atheros chipset in a Belkin desktop wifi card, using the latest source code for MadWifi.&nbsp; I have seen some other distributions that include MadWifi.&nbsp; Is there a chance that FC might do that, too?</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Thanks,</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Joe</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:wb0fhu@earthlink.net">wb0fhu@earthlink.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>EarthLink Revolves Around You.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_205011223192063856505--