[PlanetCCRMA] removing older CCRMA kernel-rt version from GRUB bootmenu

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen@zonnet.nl
Fri May 4 14:56:01 2007

Hi,

I just did a "yum update" amd installed the latest version of the CCRMA
kernel-rt.

It works fine, so I decided to "yum remove" the previous kernel-rt
version, that was still installed on my system. After that "rpm -q
kernel-rt" showed the latest version only.

But when I (re)start my computer, Grub's bootmenu still shows the previous
kernel-rt version. But in reality it has been removed properly.

I already found how to fix this: as root I have to edit the file
/boot/grub/grub.conf and delete the lines that correspond with my removed
kernel-rt version manually.

But this is NOT how it is supposed to work, right?

I do not have such a problem with the standard Fedora kernel updates.

--

Martin Tarenskeen