[PlanetCCRMA] removing older CCRMA kernel-rt version from GRUB bootmenu

Fri May 4 16:00:02 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 15:32 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 23:55 +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> > I just did a "yum update" amd installed the latest version of the CCRMA
> > kernel-rt.
> >
> > It works fine, so I decided to "yum remove" the previous kernel-rt
> > version, that was still installed on my system. After that "rpm -q
> > kernel-rt" showed the latest version only.
> >
> > But when I (re)start my computer, Grub's bootmenu still shows the previous
> > kernel-rt version. But in reality it has been removed properly.
> >
> > I already found how to fix this: as root I have to edit the file
> > /boot/grub/grub.conf and delete the lines that correspond with my removed
> > kernel-rt version manually.
> >
> > But this is NOT how it is supposed to work, right?
> >
> > I do not have such a problem with the standard Fedora kernel updates.
>
> Sigh, most probably an unwanted side effect of renaming the kernel
> "kernel-rt"[*]... I'll have to take a look at the toolchain that messes
> up with the grub.conf file...

Thanks for the report!, should be fixed in upcoming kernels (there was a
missing macro in the %preun script that meant an incomplete kernel
version was being passed to grubby...), regretfully kernel-rt releases
to date will not autoremove themselves from grub.

-- Fernando