[PlanetCCRMA] Problem with installing RPMs

Mon May 14 12:43:02 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 11:33 -0700, Ben Blechman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list, new to linux, and trying to install
> planet CCRMA.  I am an advanced Windows user.
>
> I've followed the steps on the CCRMA website to install Fedora 6, I've
> upgraded Fedora 6, and everything has gone relatively smoothly up to
> now.  I'm getting the following error:
>
> [root@localhost benb]# yum install planetccrma-coreLoading
> "installonlyn" plugin
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> core                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
> 00:00
> planetcore                100% |=========================|  951 B
> 00:00
> planetextras              100% |=========================|  951 B
> 00:00
> planetccrma               100% |=========================|  951 B
> 00:00
> updates                   100% |=========================| 1.2 kB
> 00:00
> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
> 00:00
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================|  64 kB
> 00:31
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from planetextras: [Errno 256]
> No more mirrors to try.
> [root@localhost benb]#
>

> Any ideas?  Workarounds?

Hmm, it would look like somehow there's a connectivity problem to the
repository. I imagine you are able to browse the web from that machine?
What is your network configuration and how are you connecting the
machine to the Internet?

-- Fernando