[PlanetCCRMA] Wifi-to-ethernet port for internet connectivity?

wb0fhu@earthlink.net wb0fhu@earthlink.net
Thu May 17 07:34:02 2007

------=_NextPart_2479611173641143330558

I've had it with wifi cards and drivers...and MADWIFI is somewhat if-fy on this particular card (no aliteration intended ; )

I saw a snippet of an old discussion where someone talked of a solution that involved some sort of bridge or extender that would allow you use the ethernet card rather than fool with wifi cards.  Unfortunately, they never mentioned the products they had to use to make this work, though I followed the thread to the end.

I'm running the fc4 version of installable CCRMA, and need to get internet for update purposes.  This windoze pc doesn't have a problem with the wifi, so signal strength isn't the issue.  Routing cat 5 isn't a solution either...it's through several thick cement walls with rebar.  In my research, people have been tossing out ideas like bridges and inverse repeaters, but no one seems to know brand and models would work for what I need.   Does what I'm asking about ring a bell with anyone? A model number or link would be great.

Thanks for the help,
Joe
------=_NextPart_2479611173641143330558

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16414" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV><STRONG>I've had it with wifi cards and drivers...and MADWIFI is somewhat if-fy on this particular card (no aliteration intended ; )</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>I saw a snippet of an old discussion where someone talked of a solution that involved some sort of bridge or extender that would allow you use the ethernet card rather than fool with wifi cards.&nbsp; Unfortunately, they never mentioned the products they had to use to make this work, though I followed the thread to the end.&nbsp; </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>I'm running the fc4 version of installable CCRMA, and need to get internet for update purposes.&nbsp; This windoze pc doesn't have a problem with the wifi, so signal strength isn't the issue.&nbsp; Routing cat 5 isn't a solution either...it's through several thick cement walls with rebar.&nbsp; In my research, people have been tossing out ideas like bridges and inverse repeaters, but no one seems to know brand and models would work for what I need.&nbsp; &nbsp;Does what I'm asking about ring a bell with anyone? A model number or link would be great.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Thanks for the help,</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Joe</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_2479611173641143330558--