[PlanetCCRMA] audacity and jack question

Tom Poe tompoe@fngi.net
Fri May 18 11:00:02 2007

--------------050407000407020302050905

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 16:18 -0500, Tom Poe wrote:
>
>> I'm running FC5 with planetccrma.  I can run audacity and record, ok.  I
>> can run qjackctl ok.  I can't run both.  What I'd like to do, is run an
>> app called, recordmydesktop, which captures sound and video.  Once it is
>> running, I am not able to start the sound device on Audacity, with or
>> without Jack.  Seems like there might be a solution???
>>

> It depends on recordmydesktop, if it is grabbing the audio device
> exclusively then no other program will be able to use it. I briefly
> looked at its home page but did not find anything relevant. Can it use
> Jack?
>
> -- Fernando

Under the news section, it indicates that any problems with Jack have
been resolved, so it should be able to be used with Jack.  I'll
experiment with audacity and recordmydesktop and Jack, and let you know
what happens.  I'm visualizing something like starting audacity, then
jack, then recordmydesktop.  This feels klutzy, as recordmydesktop
starts recording when I start it from the command line.  Maybe I'll send
the developers a question, and see what others are doing.
Tom

--------------050407000407020302050905

begin:vcard
fn:Tom  Poe
n:Poe;Tom
org:Open Studios
adr:;;1315 Cleveland Avenue;Charles City;Iowa;50616;USA
email;internet:tompoe@fngi.net
tel;home:1-641-228-3271
note:Registered with jajah.com for free global VoIP calls.  Register and call me.  :)
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
version:2.1
end:vcard