[PlanetCCRMA] Re:Snd help bug

joey.a joey.a" <joey.a at accelerators.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 14:29:00 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fernando Lopez-Lezcano" <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
To: "joey.a" <joey.a@accelerators.co.uk>
Cc: <planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] 32 & 64 bit FC

> On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 11:09 +0000, joey.a wrote:

> > I also managed to open Snd whose basic help did work. However, none of
the
> > related help did, giving e.g. Firefox cannot find the file at
> > file:///snd.html#etc . (Surely that must be a bug which can be easily
fixed,
> > if you know where these files are supposed to be located?)
>
> You should be able to get to its manual in a browser by pointing to:
>   file:///usr/share/doc/snd-9.1/snd.html
>
> This is probably a packaging problem, I have to take a look at it.

The addresses of the related topics have clearly been listed as relative,
but interpreted as absolute. In HTML, at least, this problem is caused by
inserting a single slash to the left of the relative address. The solution
is simple. Exclude the slash, or include the physical path. In server side
Visual Basic (ASP), this merely requires correcting the relevant single line
of coding which serves up each instance of the list. Hopefully, the solution
is equally simple here.