[PlanetCCRMA] Re: the Planet starts to land on Fedora 8

Wed Nov 14 14:32:02 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 21:47 +0000, Alexander Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:41:06 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> >> Nothing is hogging the CPU or RAM according to top (and gkrellm). The
> >> whole graphical system just seems to slow down to a complete crawl,
> >> updating itself about once a second.
> >> I'm using an intel chipset on a laptop, and using the xorg intel
> >> driver.
> >
> > Are you seeing any weird messages in the output of dmesg, or in
> > /var/log/messages?
>
> In a word - no :( I had a look through dmesg and the xorg log but can't
> find anything out of the ordinary.

And also /var/log/messages?
Bummer... don't know what could be happening. Can you check you if
there's differences in 3D hardware acceleration in both cases?, if it is
on you should see:

$ glxinfo | grep rendering
direct rendering: Yes

-- Fernando