[PlanetCCRMA] Using 2nd sound card for output

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Nov 15 10:09:01 2007

Ok, just for clarification, I cannot use the AC'97 for just output only
from any jack software, say Ardour2 or Hydrogen, correct?  If that's the
case, then i can live with sending the output back down my Delta 1010 (
I don't have S/PDIF monitors yet).

Follow up question:

How do I get my AC'97 to be used by the CD/mplayer/xmms, etc? I was in
the studio last night and kept getting "could not find audio device" errors.